- Restrictions on Updating Data Through Views You can insert, update, and delete rows in a view, subject to the following limitations:
- If the view contains joins between multiple tables you can only insert and update one table in the view, and you can’t delete rows.
- You can’t directly modify data in views based on union queries. You can’t modify data in views that use GROUP BY or DISTINCT statements.
- All columns being modified are subject to the same restrictions as if the statements were being executed directly against the base table.
- Text and image columns can’t be modified through views.